About Me

My photo
The "Mother" City, Western Cape, South Africa
Just another conscious entity in the universe..

Monday, September 10, 2007

The world i know

This is the world that i know,
where millions of summers await me.
I lead, you follow, i am your tomorrow.
Into my past, you fade away..

And while you weep, my pride turns into snow
and melts on the face of this light of hope.
My precious light of hope..

While i laugh, your pride turns into snow
and dance on the grave of what you thought you used to know.
And in the garden, i will burn callous robes
and forever shine my Light of Hope..

2 comments:

r a w said...

I'd like a little more explanation on this one. A little back story, or an epilogue or something. I didnt quite get the gist of the poem, or the metaphors you've put in it.

Keep up the writing...

[wishbone] said...

My intention here is to bring forth how conceited us humans really are. We walk with pride each day, ''i am your tomorrow'', and don't realise what we lose each day, ''into my past you fade away''. Hey what the hell, the rest of it was just to get the poem done.. ;-)