About Me

My photo
The "Mother" City, Western Cape, South Africa
Just another conscious entity in the universe..

Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Thing

The who, the what, the when , the where?
The look, the glimpse, the glance, the stare.
This thing, it follows me everywhere..
Leave me alone and let me be, the way i choose,
which is free..
You be you, let me, be me.
After all,
isn't that the way it ought to be?

Quickly, quietly, rushing away, i've come so far but yet i stay,
stuck where i've started, miles away.
Still left with nothing to say..
So, grip me, grab me and hold me close,
you'll never get all of me,
just a little dose..








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is nice, is it possible if I may steal this poem to give to someone special?

r a w said...

Brilliant yet again. I like the play of words, and the rhymes.
And the best part is "you'll never get all of me. Just a little dose..." :)